COVID-19 Business Support and Advice
Update 30 November 2021
Traffic Light Framework
All of New Zealand will move to the traffic light settings at 11:59pm, 2 December. The traffic lights (COVID-19 Protection Framework) protect Aotearoa New Zealand from COVID-19, while allowing vaccinated people more freedoms.
- Northland, Auckland, Taupō and Rotorua Lakes Districts, Kawerau, Whakatane, Ōpōtiki Districts, Gisborne District, Wairoa District, Rangitikei, Whanganui and Ruapehu Districts will move in at Red.
- The rest of the North Island will move in at Orange.
- The whole of the South Island will move in at Orange.
- A cautious approach is taken initially as we transition into the new framework.
Latest updates and guidelines here – Current Alert Level | Unite against COVID-19 (covid19.govt.nz)
NorthChamber Events – At Delta Level 2 we will host our smaller events such as ChamberChats (Maximum 8- 10 people) and LunchBox Sessions in person, however our larger networking events will be decided on a case by case basis in accordance with venue room size and attendance RSVP numbers. Please check with the specific event on our calendar to find out more detail. Where possible we will have an online contingency plan for events so that we can still host our speakers and connect with our business community.
Events are listed on our Home page click here
Travel across Alert Level boundaries
Movement between alert level boundaries is restricted. Businesses need to provide their staff with proof of eligibility to travel across an Alert Level Boundary, such as the documentation generated by MBIE’s Business Travel Register. Read more
- Register for Business Travel Documents click here Note you will need a Real Me login to apply for Business Travel documents
- Real Me login click here to apply
- Alert Level Boundary Map click here
Business continuity – help to stay afloat
Click through for links to key government support measures.
Including information on
- COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payment – Also click here for eligibility criteria Important update for new businesses click here
Announcement of second Resurgence Payment click here
– Apply for the Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) (ird.govt.nz)
- COVID-19 Short-term Absence Payment – Apply online at Short-term-absence-payment
- COVID-19 Leave Support Scheme
- Wage subsidy schemes – more info click here
- Business cash flow and tax measures
- Small Business Cashflow Loan Scheme
- Insolvency relief for businesses
- Apprenticeship boost initiative
- Information in other languages
Who to access for support, information and further resources?
National Support and Information
Ministry of Social Development
- Key information
- Financial support
- To speak to the local team
MSD Te Taitokerau Business Support Lines will be manned by our local Regional Labour Market Adviser Ann Dysart and Work Broker Christine Murray between the hours of 0800-1630 Monday to Friday. If you want to connect with us outside these hours please email or . They will endeavour to reply to your email within 48 hours of receipt.MSD Te Taitokerau Business Support Lines: 09 983 9103 – Ann Dysart 09 983 0553 – Chrissy Murray
These lines will be available should you have any questions concerning the wage subsidy, require employment support, ongoing employment support post lockdown or require redeployment or redundancy support.
Inland Revenue: important message for business, click here
WorkSafe – operating safely, click here
Ministry of Health updates and latest guidelines, click here
Business support and information, click here
For Covid 19 medical advice call Healthline – 0800 358 5453.
Regional Economic Development Agency, Northland Inc.
Northland Business Covid-19 Response Helpline on 0800 525 001
Local Councils and related services
Whangarei District Council
Far North District Council
Kaipara District Council
Northland DHB COVID-19 Resources for Employers click here
COVID-19 enquiries, phone Northland DHB 0800 600 720
Times are uncertain and stressful. Your wellbeing is important to us. Please reach out for support if you need to. Call or text 1737 to talk with a trained counsellor for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Updated mental health and wellbeing guidelines from Ministry of Health, click here
Have you completed a COVID RESPONSE and PROCEDURE PLAN yet for your workplace?
Find the template – Click here
Northpower – COVID 19 Control Framework, click here
Creative Northland – COVID 19 Control Framework click here
Crisis readiness resources available at www.resorgs.org.nz.