The 119th Annual General Meeting of the Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Northland Inc.
A great opportunity to be part of the future of Northamber and Northland. Elections will be held for all Board positions followed by a ‘Chamber Benefits’ Business After 5. Click here for the notice of AGM
(To be eligible to stand for the Chamber Board, the person standing needs to own, manage or work for a Chamber member)
When: Wednesday March 9 March, 2022, 5:00pm to 5.30pm
Where: Mahi Tahi Event space at The Orchard, Level One, Cnr Walton & Vine Streets, Whangarei.
AGM followed by drinks and nibbles and our Alliance Partner BA5 5.30-7.30pm
RSVP: by 10am Friday 4 March 2022 click here
AGM followed by drinks and nibbles and our Alliance Partner BA5
Role: NorthChamber Board Member
Skills, knowledge and experience required for the role of “Board Member”
- Sound knowledge of governance principals essential
- Proven business acumen essential
- Knowledge of the Northland region, it’s cultural diversity and an understanding of the issues facing Northland business essential
- Good networking skills and business connections essential
- Experience in strategic planning and business management essential
- A track record of success in a relevant area essential
Personal attributes required for the role of Board Member
- A passion and commitment to the Northland region
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to the team
- Ability to ensure that the required time is available to effectively carry out the role of Board Member
- Sound judgement and common sense
- The Northland Chamber of Commerce Board consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer and Board members plus the Chair of the Retail Sub-committee. These positions are on a volunteer basis, and available for re-election each year at the AGM.
- The Board meets monthly for a maximum of two hours.
- In addition, Board members may serve on one or more policy committees, which meet on an as-and-when required basis, except for the Finance Committee which meets monthly, one week prior to the Board meeting.
- Board Members must be able to represent the best interests of the whole of the region and its peoples and reside in Northland.
- More information on the Chamber is available on www.northchamber.co.nz or by phoning Steve Smith, CE on 027 444 1010.