The 118th Annual General Meeting of the Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Northland Inc.
A great opportunity to be part of the future of Northamber and Northland. Elections will be held for all Board positions followed by a ‘Chamber Benefits’ Business After 5. Click here for the notice of AGM
Nominations close at 5:00pm Friday, 5th February, 2021 click here for a nomination form
(To be eligible to stand for the Chamber Board, the person standing needs to own, manage or work for a Chamber member)
When: Wednesday March 10th March, 2021, 5:00pm to 5.30pm
Where: Mahi Tahi Event space at The Orchard, Level One, Cnr Walton & Vine Streets, Whangarei.
AGM followed by drinks and nibbles and our Alliance Partner BA5 5.30-7.30pm
RSVP: by 10am Friday 5 March 2021 click here
AGM followed by drinks and nibbles and our Alliance Partner BA5
Role: NZ Chambers of Commerce Northland Board Member
Skills, knowledge and experience required for the role of “Board Member”
- Proven business acumen essential
- Knowledge of the Northland region, it’s cultural diversity and an understanding of the issues facing Northland business essential
- Good networking skills and business connections essential
- Experience in strategic planning and business management essential
- A track record of success in a relevant area essential
- Sound knowledge of governance principals desirable
Personal attributes required for the role of Board Member
- A passion and commitment to the Northland region
- Ability to work as part of a team and make a contribution to the team
- Ability to ensure that the required time is available to effectively carry out the role of Board Member
- Sound judgement and common sense
- The Northland Chamber of Commerce Board consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer and Board members plus the Chair of the Retail Sub-committee. These positions are on a volunteer basis, and available for re-election each year at the AGM.
- The Board meets monthly for a maximum of two hours.
- In addition, Board members may serve on one or more policy committees, which meet on an as-and-when required basis, with the exception of the Finance Committee which meets monthly, one week prior to the Board meeting.
- Board Members must be able to represent the best interests of the whole of the region and its peoples, and reside in Northland.
- More information on the Chamber is available on www.northchamber.co.nz or by phoning Stephen Smith, CE on 09 438 4771.