115th Annual General Meeting of the NZ Chambers of Commerce Northland
A great opportunity to be part of the future of the Chamber and Northland and always an interesting evening. Elections will be held for all Board positions followed by a Chamber Business After 5 with drinks & nibbles provided.
Nominations for Board positions close 5th February 2018. To view click here
When: Wednesday 7 March 2018, 5.00pm – 5.30pm
Where: Westpac Conference room, Rathbone St, Whangarei.
RSVP: by 10am Friday 2 March 2018 click here
Phone 09 438 4771
AGM Agenda Draft 2018
Registrations are necessary for quorum requirements – 15 current financial members required for a quorum.
AGM followed by drinks and nibbles and our Alliance Partner BA5
Role: NZ Chambers of Commerce Northland Board Member
Skills, knowledge and experience required for the role of “Board Member”
- Proven business acumen essential
- Knowledge of the Northland region, it’s cultural diversity and an understanding of the issues facing Northland business essential
- Good networking skills and business connections essential
- Experience in strategic planning and business management essential
- A track record of success in a relevant area essential
- Sound knowledge of governance principals desirable
Personal attributes required for the role of Board Member
- A passion and commitment to the Northland region
- Ability to work as part of a team and make a contribution to the team
- Ability to ensure that the required time is available to effectively carry out the role of Board Member
- Sound judgement and common sense
- The Northland Chamber of Commerce Board consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer and Board members plus the Chair of the Retail Sub-committee. These positions are on a volunteer basis, and available for re-election each year at the AGM.
- The Board meets monthly for a maximum of two hours.
- In addition, Board members may serve on one or more policy committees, which meet on an as-and-when required basis, with the exception of the Finance Committee which meets monthly, one week prior to the Board meeting.
- Board Members must be able to represent the best interests of the whole of the region and its peoples, and reside in Northland.
- More information on the Chamber is available on www.northchamber.co.nz or by phoning Tony Collins, CE on 09 438 4771.