The 120th Annual General Meeting of the Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Northland Inc.
A great opportunity to be part of the future of Northamber and Northland. Elections will be held for all Board positions
Nominations close at 5:00pmTuesday, 7th February, 2023 click here for nomination form
Any objections to nominees must be received by 5pm Friday 3rd March in writing to Paulette Scrooby Acting CE to firstname.lastname@example.org
(To be eligible to stand for the Chamber Board, the person standing needs to own, manage or work for a Chamber member)
When: Wednesday March 8 March, 2023, 5:00pm to 5.30pm
Where: Mahi Tahi Event space at The Orchard, Level One, Cnr Walton & Vine Streets, Whangarei.
RSVP: by 10am Friday 3 March 2023 click here
Registrations are necessary for quorum requirements – 15 current financial members required for a quorum.
Email: email@example.com for more information
Phone 09 438 4771
AGM followed by drinks and nibbles and our Alliance Partner BA5
Role: NorthChamber Board Member
Skills, knowledge and experience required for the role of “Board Member”
- Sound knowledge of governance principals essential
- Proven business acumen essential
- Knowledge of the Northland region, it’s cultural diversity and an understanding of the issues facing Northland business essential
- Good networking skills and business connections essential
- Experience in strategic planning and business management essential
- A track record of success in a relevant area essential
Personal attributes required for the role of Board Member
- A passion and commitment to the Northland region
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to the team
- Ability to ensure that the required time is available to effectively carry out the role of Board Member
- Sound judgement and common sense
- The Northland Chamber of Commerce Board consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer and Board members plus the Chair of the Retail Sub-committee. These positions are on a volunteer basis, and available for re-election each year at the AGM.
- The Board meets monthly for a maximum of two hours.
- In addition, Board members may serve on one or more policy committees, which meet on an as-and-when required basis, except for the Finance Committee which meets monthly, one week prior to the Board meeting.
- Board Members must be able to represent the best interests of the whole of the region and its peoples and reside in Northland.
- More information on the Chamber is available on www.northchamber.co.nz or by phoning Paulette Scrooby Acting CE on 021 212 6903.