Regional Business Partner
NZ Chambers of Commerce Northland and Northland Inc. make up Northland’s Regional Business Partner network. Each partner works with local businesses in their region to give advice, support and is the central access point for all funding and support by central and local government to help them grow their businesses.
- #Startup NZ programme – thanks to Callaghan Innovation a Limited Offer! Save $100+gst Be one of the next 100 people to sign up for the full Startup NZ course and pay just $172.50 (save $100+gst)
Click here to find out more
- New Zealand Trade & Enterprise – 100% funding for Marketing support and Digital enablement services. Click here to see the eligibility criteria and more information about the funding.
- Additional concessions are available during COVID-19 please see the link below for updated information about how RBP can help https://www.northlandnz.com/covid-19/
What is RBP: Access to a range of subsidised training options to develop, strengthen, and grow your business through your personal/staff capability.
How it works:
- You register your business on the Regional Business Partner Network using your personal or business IRD number (note: the RBP is in no way connected with or to Inland Revenue and does not share your information).
- You receive a message or phone call to give a basic overview of the business/business idea and the support you’re looking for and to establish a time, date, and place to meet with a Growth Advisor (Growth Advisors are mobile and can come to you, or meet digitally via Zoom)
- You and your Growth Advisor have an open discussion where you’re at, where you’ve been, and where you want to be with your business.
- They establish an ‘Action Plan’ following this discussion, which may include subsidised training for you/your staff in areas like business planning, marketing, managing resources, finance, capital raising, business systems, exporting, business operations, governance, and business sustainability.
These are run by ‘Service Providers’: local and NZ-national experts who work with you to assess, propose, and deliver a training programme in one of these categories.
- Following the initial 90-minute ‘Discovery Meeting’, you determine how often you’d like to meet with your advisor. This can be regularly scheduled meetings or align with how your business progresses. Ideally, you will have completed most of your ‘Action Plan’ from each meeting before you come together again.
Growth Advisors also have significant networks and contacts across the breadth of the regional business ecosystem, as well as an ear to the ground on upcoming developments/opportunities for industry.
Who’s eligible: Commercial entities (existing, or intending to exist i.e a start-up at the idea phase) based in NZ with less than 50 staff. Access to funds tightens with each voucher allocated – expected outcomes must be clearly demonstrated, and each stage of further funding must represent a clear ‘next step’ or significant growth opportunity.
Conditions: Training or coaching is subject to a peer-review process amidst Growth Advisors to establish if the proposed programme is appropriate given the business’s present stage, history, and goals. Please note that Growth Advisors are not consultants and cannot advise on aspects like internal changes, strategic direction, or investment/financial decisions.
Costs: Meetings with a Growth Advisor are free.
To register your interest click here
The Capability Voucher Funding helps business owners to access business training and coaching services, by providing them with up to a 50% subsidy towards the registered service cost.
You must first meet with one of our RBP Growth Advisors to discuss your business. The Growth Advisor will seek to understand opportunities for growth and help identify any barriers to this. The Growth Advisor will then work with you to put together an action plan.
Where there is a management capability need identified that could be addressed by undertaking training, the Growth Advisor may issue a Capability Voucher to the business.
To register your interest click here https://app.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz/Business/SelfRegister
NZTE Capability Development Vouchers
Callaghan Innovation activates innovation and helps businesses grow faster for a better New Zealand.
We partner with ambitious businesses of all sizes, providing a range of innovation and research and development (R&D) services to suit each stage of growth.
Our people – including more than 200 of New Zealand’s leading scientists and engineers – empower innovators by connecting people, opportunities and networks, and providing tailored technical solutions, skills and capability development programmes, and grants co-funding.
We also enhance the operation of New Zealand’s innovation ecosystem, working closely with government partners, Crown Research Institutes, and other organisations that help increase business investment in R&D and innovation.
We operate across New Zealand from five urban offices and a regional partner network in a further 12 locations. For more info https://www.callaghaninnovation.govt.nz/about-us
Business Mentoring New Zealand
Business Mentoring Programme
The reality experienced when a small business is operating is often quite different from the original expectations of its owners. Often people start a business because they have a technical or creative skill or an innovative idea, but may have little start-up knowledge or are without general management experience.
Getting bogged down with day to day issues can make you lose sight of your own dream. That’s where having the expertise and knowledge of a Business Mentor can help get those business ideas of the ground and running!
Business Mentors New Zealand is an independent not-for-profit organisation founded in 1991 by business people, for business people. Our organisation and its heavily subsidised service is made possible by support from New Zealand Business and Government Agencies. Our national network of agencies is closely aligned with the New Zealand Trade and Enterprise Regional Business Partnership Programme.
Business Mentors New Zealand is committed to helping small business owners, startup entrepreneurs and social enterprise decision-makers succeed. Our mentoring service introduces small business owners and social enterprise executive officers to skilled Business Mentors who will assist them to advance their business capability, capacity and sustainability by sharing their knowledge and experience.
A small one-off registration fee of $295 + GST provides up to 12-months access to a Business Mentor.
For more information or to register for a mentor visit www.businessmentors.org.nz