Who Are We?
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Northland (Inc) (NorthChamber) is a non-political, non-profit organisation which represents the full spectrum of business interests, both small and large, in Northland – retailing, service, manufacturing exporters, importers and other organisations … >> FIND OUT MORE
It is understandable that our local businesses and their employees are concerned about the future – for their businesses, staff, families and communities.
We’d like to reassure you that we are working closely with our local partners at a regional and national level to ensure you have access to accurate and up to date information, AND a channel through which you can feedback any of your concerns and the local issues arising out of this international emergency.
Our role during this time is to…
1. Guide businesses to access the resources and support they need now.
2. Gather local business intelligence to feed into the ‘COVID-19 Northland Business Response’ situation reports being coordinated by the Regional Economic Development Agency.
3. Continue to listen to, and advocate for, our local business community.
4. Support our regional partners in their efforts to provide resource and support during this period.
5. In time, as appropriate move into a co-ordinated recovery phase to ensure businesses can return to ‘business as usual’ or a modified version of BAU, as soon as possible.
We continue to provide…
Regular updates and links related to Covid 19 via this dedicated page on our website, or through our NorthChamber Facebook page.
Offers of free or discounted services, support and resources we receive from our business community.
Check out the latest offers here
Business Mentors Programme If you’d like to be a mentor or need to access a mentor. Email or call Rebecca on 021 206 1003.
Assistance with export documentation – this service continues to run, contact to register for electronic service export documentation.
A channel for feedback – your ‘on the ground’ experiences and pressure points are important, make them known to us so we can push them through to our local task force to assist with their planning and response, email .
HR advice Hotline via Auckland Chamber of Commerce is 0800 242 623, usually members only but has been opened up to all businesses.
BUSINESS HOURS & GENERAL CONTACT INFO
NorthChamber Team Contacts:
As with most organisations at Level 2 our staff are working a mix of office hours and remote hours but can be contacted as follows.
Steve Smith – CEO – 027 444 1010
Janette Dobbs – Office manager – 021 441 026
Niamh O Neill – Assistant office manager – 027 544 9967
Paulette Scrooby – Community relationship manager – 021 212 6903
Rebecca Varley – Sales manager and business mentor coordinator – 021 206 1003
Please note all our large events are cancelled or postponed until further notice in accordance with the Level 2 Alert criteria.